CBInsights launched a data-driven look of the global financial technology investment trends, top deals, active investors, and corporate activity in Q2 2019.
According to CBInsights the report highlights:
- Q2’19 fintech funding topped $8.3B, boosted by a record quarter of 25 $100M+ mega-rounds: Funding to VC-backed fintech companies grew 24% QoQ in Q2’19 and neared previously quarterly funding highs.
- Despite funding surge, Q2’19 VC-backed deal activity fell to a 10-quarter low: Deals dipped in every continent in Q2’19 as North America, Asia, and Africa see 5-quarter lows.
- India topped China in fintech deal activity for the first time ever: India saw 23 deals to VC-backed fintech companies, topping China by 8 deals. Fintech funding in China hit $375M, narrowly beating India, which saw $350M invested.
- Latin America becomes one of the fastest-growing regions for fintech funding: LatAm topped both China and India for fintech funding in Q2’19. Q3’19 has already seen a $400M mega-round to Brazil-based digital challenger bank NuBank.
- There are 48 VC-backed fintech unicorns worth a combined $187B: Valuations continued to grow in Q2’19 as many companies preferred to raise private financing over going public. There were seven new fintech unicorn births in Q2’19.
If you want to download the full report click here or find more CBInsights reports here.